Monday, May 26, 2008

look young and thank God

At my workplace this afternoon, another funny and familiar episode happened. Raymund is an IT who works for the computer department in the company. While I was browsing some photos in my files, he was writing something on the table behind me so I asked him whether the child in the photo looks like me. He was a little surprised and asked me if the boy is my boy, followed by, “yes, he has your eyes, lice.” He shares that he also has a photo of his own child in his files so I asked how old he was. He answered, 24. I hid the shock in my face. How can he be just 24 when I really believed he looks older than I am? I was then reminded of my age. I’d be turning 30 this year. Many say I look younger than my age. I didn’t take those comments seriously of course but I realized there is so much to be thankful about it. Not everybody is blessed to boast an appearance younger than what is real. Please don’t get me wrong. Raymund doesn’t look old, he only doesn’t look 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment