Monday, May 26, 2008

continue...

A tour, a site visit… Been five months now since I started working for PNOC. I was not included in the list of employees to get to visit the site. I never had the chance to visit the pads, wells, rigs, etc… way up to the mountains of Southern Negros because I am known to go home for lunch (not to mention to breastfeed my little Aizek). I am always in the office not until last Wednesday. What an exhilarating experience when you get to discover things you never thought really exist. There are so many facts in life that we often take for granted. There, I was faced with all the huge pipes, turbine and tools everywhere, amazing how machines work and work well for civilization and vis-Ă -vis. Amidst the heap is a visible source of steam, a spring of power for those who can avail of it. I couldn’t begin to imagine how it all embarked on, who were the pioneers, who were the first engineers and how was the pacing then. So incredible that what must have been a simple plan yesterday turns out to be a master piece of today. With that, I have this word: continue. No matter what the trials are, no matter how immense the distractions are, no matter how excruciating some circumstances are… we just have to continue. By continuing, we are pedaling our way towards progress, thus, we succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment